Tuesday, May 27, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!!!

After a 2 1/2 hour wait in the doctor's office, at least the news was good!!! PTL!! I was beginning to worry that we had waited so long because he was keeping us till the end to take more time with us...but that wasn't the case! He was just behind d/t the holiday, and they were crazy busy trying to fit in all of the chemo people who usually come in on Mondays. So, that was needless worrying on my part. I keep praying for peace, and it just doesn't completely come to me!

He came in the room with a big smile and said that all is clear. He said that he was concerned about a spot in her upper right abdomen from the last CT, but in going over it with other radiologists, and comparing this CT, he thinks that it is NOT lymhpoma. He just talked again about staying healthy, especially concerning her heart d/t the effects of the Adriamycin. But, she is heart conscious already, so hopefully will not be a problem in the future. She is up to running up to 2 miles, and feels good, so that was encouraging to Dr. S.

He wants to see her when she returns from Honduras and will do a chest x-ray at that time. Then another CT around Thanksgiving. He will see her every 3 months for 2 years, and then every 6 months until 5 years has passed. I am still going to need prayers, as I said before, I still do not have complete peace about this whole thing. I think that it is just part of being a Mom. I do think it is ironic, however, that in my reading through the Bible I am now in the Psalms. I guess not ironic, but another sign of God's timing.

Carli is definitely more calm than me...on the way there this morning she said "let's just say we're going to visit friends"...and she did get to see her favorite nurse, Debbie, so we did see friends!! :)

Then we went out to lunch ( it was 2pm and we were hungry!) and then to WalMart to get her "supplies" for her trip. I can't believe that she will be leaving on Saturday already. Prayers for safe travel and health while she is in Honduras are coveted. I will try to keep you all posted when I hear from her this summer. She will have access to email, so that will be great.

1 comment:

Lois said...

I love this way of being able to check on the Gerbers day or night. So glad to hear the wonderful news!! Carli, I can't wait to hear about your summer. Take lots of pictures and have so much fun while you learn.
Lois H