Sunday, September 28, 2008

Carli set up a wedding site:
mywedding.com/carliandjeremy

It is fun, tells their story, etc. It is fun doing the wedding planning...we now have a caterer, but no florist yet. Have some ideas in mind...if anyone has suggestions, please let us know!

Carli and I had dinner together Friday night. She mentioned that she is doing a research paper on the Epstein Barr virus and Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She said that she didn't realize until doing this research how serious her diagnosis was/is. Her staging (IIIB) was very life-threatening and she didn't really realize it! She said that it was probably good that she didn't realize it, because then she would have been even more stressed out! (duh...I just wish I would have been like that...would've saved lots of gained pounds and sleepless nights). She also didn't really realize the toll that chemo takes on your body...her chances of heart attack and respiratory problems are much greater now. She also mentioned that her chances of getting leukemia in the near future are high...that is one that I don't think that I knew, and might have been better off not knowing! She remembered that her chances of getting pregnant might be affected as will going into early menopause.

How do you handle this at age 22?? I am at the same age as my mom when she was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer...and I don't know how she handled that so well, either. Many tears shed in private for both of them, I am sure. Carli stays so upbeat and positive, but I could hear the fear in her words. "Cure" does not mean all certainly be well. Keep praying for her and Jeremy, especially as they are trying to plan where they will be in the future...depends on getting into PT school...

Tara interviews this week for specific positions at the James Cancer Center at OSU. God placed her there in the first place, so I am sure that He has big plans in store for her!

Kelsie is coming home for a few short hours to go try on bridesmaids dresses..Fun!!

No comments: