Sunday, June 21, 2009

I hate cancer!

I'm sure that there are not many who can say that they love cancer, so that statement is really quite stupid. But in one short week a friend died of cancer, Ted's sister was diagnosed with cancer, and my nephew's mother died of cancer. Too much heartache and loss in one week. Even though we are on vacation and life is good, the heaviness of it all is like a cloud that won't go away. The unanswered questions are still there...

We are having a good time...nice because we really have no agenda! Susan has joined us for a few days, and it is nice to have someone that actually enjoys shopping and walking around just looking at things. Ted hates shopping or anything remotely related to shopping. Susan and I just had a few things that we were looking for, so it's not like we are doing it all of the time! It is very hot, and you either need to be in the water or in the air-conditioning. I am going to have to be in the water more tomorrow, as I feel a little sludgy. Or, maybe that's because we ate our favorite pizza tonight :)

Kelsie is holding down the fort and was so glad that the weather finally improved in Ohio. A sorority friend surprised her with a visit yesterday which really perked her up.

Carli only has 2 more weeks at camp. The time has FLOWN. I think that it has been a good summer, one of growth, but also one of frustration. But I think that is when God teaches us the most, isn't it? I hope that Jeremy has been able to spend some quality time with his family as the next months will be very busy for him and Carli.

Todd just got a new job with JP Morgan doing something that I really don't understand. The financial/accounting world really makes no sense to me! But it will be nice for him to have something with the uncertainty that his job with Merrill Lynch held.

I think that I hear deep thunder...guess I won't go swimming tonight after all!

No comments: