Tuesday, February 5, 2008

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

I KNOW THAT WHEN YOU USE CAPS TO COMMUNICATE THAT IT MEANS THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING...WELL I AM....CARLI'S SCAN DID NOT SHOW ANY SIGNS OF LYMPHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that I have ever been so relieved...and thankful...and I can't even describe it...

Carli was so calm. She had emailed me that she had plans for whatever news we got, and that she knew that whatever the outcome that she would be all right. She had such peace...that can only come from God! I wish that I would have had that kind of peace...but when you are facing that kind of news with a child it is undescribable how you feel. I don't think that it has truly sunk in yet...

Dr. STallings gave her the OK to go to Belize over spring break. A few months ago I wouldn't have believed that this would be possible. She is excited! She is co-leading the group, and the plans were all working out well, so she figured that if God was taking care of those details, that He meant for her to go!! Such faith!!

Now for the only tricky part...she has another CT scan in 3 months. If that is OK, then she can wait for 6 months until the next one. She will do this for a few years and then considered free from lymphoma. So, the praying does NOT STOP now!! Cancer has a funny way of creeping up in your thoughts...

So, Dr. S. said that she can have her port removed. Yippee!! They accessed it today and it hurt, but she didn't vomit this time when they flushed it. Another reason to be thankful! I feel like shouting (like they do on Extreme Home Makeover...move that bus!)...remove that port!!

Thanks again for all of the prayers and thoughts, food (thanks Diann!) and all of the things that I am forgetting. She is excited to continue on at Grove City College and be a normal college student!! PTL!!!!!

6 comments:

elsiehersh said...

PTL! We will thank the Lord for His healing touch! I have kept up with this blog all along, but you may not have realized it. Carli (and family) have been on my daily prayer list since first learning of the situation. So finally -- I'm posting a comment! I WILL continue to keep all the concerns in my prayers. Don't stop blogging! I enjoy getting the updates, and know better HOW to pray. Lynette H.

Laurie, Jake, Kelly, and Kara said...

Yea!!! What wonderful news!! We are so happy for all of you!! We are so glad Carli can "get on with her life"! You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. God is good!!

Deb Fitzwater said...

Okay, so I finally was able to access your blog tonight (12:21 a.m.) and I can't stop bawling! I am SO EXTREMELY EXCITED for you all! What wonderful news! I was shouting right along with you, Beth! "REMOVE THAT PORT!" I will certainly be spending some time before I fall asleep thanking God for this FANTASTIC news that was the perfect ending to my day! And what an answer to prayer that God has given Carli such a peace! This has been a phenomenal thing He has done! Your attitude is mind-boggling! But then again, so is our Heavenly Father, Who knows you are going to use this year in your life as a true testimony! Go with it, girl! AND HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP!! YOU EARNED IT! And, of course, we'll keep praying! Okay, I'll shut up now! :-)

Lots and lots of love! ~ Deb

Lois said...

That is the most awesome news!! IT IS SUCH A RELIEF!! This is what we were all praying for and are so much in awe that our prayers were answered the way we hoped they would be. BETH, YOU CAN KEEP YELLING! WOW!

dlgilbert said...

Awesome! I was thinking and praying for you on Tuesday. Praise God! God is so Good! Never stop believing that you got your miracle of healing. We will continue to pray for you and your family for the future. So glad you can get back to "life" and you can go on your mission trip. Keep the faith!!

Deb said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

your dark cloud has been lifted!!

we will continue to pray for Carli!!

What amazing trust & faith u have !!

keep up the blog, its our way to feel connected!

Enjoy your trip!!

continue to shout w/JOY!!

love & hugs,
greg, deb & paige