Saturday, March 15, 2008

4 weeks and counting

A note from TARA:

Exactly 4 weeks from today I will be running the Capital City Half-Marathon. Even though I've had almost 5 months of training it's hard to believe that the time is almost here. I wanted to take the time to let all of you know how much your support has meant to me. I truly couldn't have done it without you. I pledged to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society that I would raise $1200 of which over 75% would go directly to the LLS. I was able to raise more than that $1200, which means that each additional dollar over that amount goes 100% to the society- and a large majority of which goes to the families of those diagnosed with Leukemia or Lymphoma.

Training is at it's most intense with a run of 10 miles tomorrow and 12 miles next week...and combined with school and work it's kept me busy. But I'm training with a great group of coaches and teammates so I've been enjoying it! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as the next month goes by. I'll have 13.1 miles to reflect on this time and the reason I'm running during the race on April 12th. Thanks again to everyone!

Tara

p.s. If anyone would still like to make a donation you can learn more at my fundraising webpage http://www.active.com/donate/tntcoh/tntcohTAnders1

No comments: