Friday, April 25, 2008

Relay for Life

Carli and Kelsie are walking during the night for Relay for Life. GCC is doing it, and their sorority is participating. Carli did NOT want to walk the survivor lap, as she said that many students don't know that she had lymphoma and she doesn't want to be the "girl with cancer". I thought that she would be proud to be a "survivor"...however, she said that she would like the word "conqueror" better. I think that I understand, but can I REALLY ever understand? She is walking with another girl from GCC (named Beth!) who is also a lymphoma survivor. I hope that it is meaningful for them to walk together. Beth helped Carli in many ways in dealing with things at school.

So, the next time you hear cancer "survivor", think of Carli as a "conqueror"!!!!

No comments: