Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Woo Hoo!!



Carli's port is GONE!! History!! I drove to Grove City, picked her up, and off we went to Clarion, PA. Met Jane for lunch, felt bad b/c Carli wasn't allowed to eat much (she had applesauce and cottage cheese) before her surgery. She was very brave, and it helped that she knows Craig so well. It was intereting really getting to see how it was positioned in her chest and what it really looks like. We were surprised at how heavy it is and how long/big the catheter is. I told Carli that I know that they showed us a "model" when she had it put in, but I was in shock at that time and couldn't even think of any questions to ask. The numbing hurt, but after that she could only feel pressure in her chest. Now she just has to protect the incision, because he revised her scar and wants it to heal nicely. THANK YOU CRAIG!!

It is a nice purple color and kind of heart shaped...I told her that she should make a pendant out of it :)

She also got her hair cut where Jane gets hers done, and the lady didn't charge her for her "first haircut"...what a morale booster right before surgery!

Carli, in her Mennonite way, said that she wishes that she could sterilize it and donate it to someone that can't afford one...nice thought...but instead she took it with her and I'm sure that her friends will either be impressed or disgusted! Her sister was getting whoozy hearing us talk about it at dinner.

It was so weird having them both with me and then seeing them BOTH walking into the dorm...when did my little girls grow up?

Ever since our computer crashed, I can't get pictures to download to this blog...if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, because I am so disappointed...I took some great shots today!

No comments: