Saturday, July 23, 2011



A lot has happened since my last post. I had fun teaching CPR, we saw "Jersey Boys" and really enjoyed it, I was sick with some weird virus, we had a delightful dinner with the Roshongs, Rachel (my fourth daughter) came to visit from DC, we had some of our ceilings painted and now the kitchen, had lunch with 2 of my favorite ladies from church, had Carli's class over for a day of lake enjoyment, did a day of online inservice that was a big waste of our time, had another wedding today...congratulations to Joanne and Andrew!

Now...the serious part...my nephew Mark is in critical condition at Riverside Methodist in Columbus. He started with pancreatitis, which is bad enough, and then his spleen ruptured. At first they only gave him a 20% chance of making it. They left his abdomen open d/t swelling, and he has lots of tubes and is on the vent. They went back and looked in his abdomen yesterday and also gave him a trach. Today Gilda said that he was trying to mouth words...this is the first that he has been awake in almost a week. He has now been in the hospital almost 2 weeks. Please pray that he can make a full recovery. He has a 12 year old daughter...

And, if that wasn't enough, Tara is going to have her thyroid treatment on Tuesday. Thankfully she can do the radioactive iodine and not have to go through surgery. She will get the iodine and then she can't be around anyone for at least 5 days. Which means we get Grace next week! Some folks get sick after they get the iodine, but I am hoping that Tara doesn't. She also can't work, so will be at home hopefully getting some things done that she really wants to do. She can't have anyone go with her to the treatment because they can't be in the car with her...all of these things that I never thought of. I just hope that this takes care of everything once and for all. She has been not feeling well and dealing with this for months. Very hard for her being a single mom. (their divorce was final the beginning of the month).

Good news for Kelsie! She came home from camp in one piece. AND....she got a job!! She interviewed for a new position at CAMO...a marketing job...just what she wanted! She will be on a trial basis at first, but hopefully will be able to help them with their marketing and fund raising. We are so excited for her! She will live at home for the time being...so no empty nest for us :) It is really good to have her back as we haven't seen much of her in the past 2 years.

And...looks like Carli and Jeremy might be moving into an apartment here at the lake. It would save them on rent and it is larger and has room for Molly to run. Can't believe that we might have 2 of the girls so close. Will be nice for Jeremy to be here when Carli does her clinical rotation in Houston next winter. They still go to Salem and he plays in the band. That will save them some extra gas money, too.

We also get to go to Hilton Head the first week in March. All 3 girls plus Ted and Grace :) Jeremy doesn't get any vacation yet, but might join us the end of the week. Doesn't get any better than that...

Then, I start back to work. I am not ready for school to start again as the fall is terrible. But, I love what I do, and I have a great job sharing partner...so I just have to suck it up and get over it!!

Please pray for Mark and for Tara in the coming week....

1 comment:

The Yohs said...

Just wondering if you are looking forward to your trip to Hilton Head in MARCH???? You must have a lot on your plate to speed time up that much! I think you meant August :) Hope you enjoy your week with Grace. I wish Tara and I could hang out, but I don't want any radioactivity near me! Enjoy.