Monday, August 27, 2007

Disappointing day...Carli did not get the news that she wanted. Too bad that is the way life is...but I have to keep trusting that God is in control, because if He wasn't, this would be really hard to take.

Her tumors are not gone, but they are shrinking. She still has one in her chest, so they are going to do 4 more treatments (counting the one today) and then do another CT. Best case scenario is that she will only have 4 more after that. So that brings us to December sometime. She was hoping to be done in October, but that is not to be.

She was very sick with her treatment today, and I think that part was probably that she had just gotten the news from Dr. Stallings. She always feels terrible when they give her the "red devil", and today it was especially bad. She was trying to sleep, and we thought that she was, and as soon as Debbie started the med, she was instantly sick, and she didn't even have her eyes open! She is that sensitive to it. They gave her extra IV Ativan, and that helped some. She immediately went to bed when she got home.

She is determined to start classes tomorrow evening. She has a World Civ-Middle East class, a World-Civ China class, and Developmental Psych. Sounds like a lot to me, but she has a couple of weeks if she needs to drop. She is going to try to catch the profs tomorrow night, explain her situation, and go from there. I have friends that live nearby, or I will get caught up on my reading, as she will need me to drive her!

Thanks again for all of your prayers. We can't let up now...the weeks and months ahead are going to be some of the toughest.

2 comments:

Deb said...

carli,

I know u got news u really didn't want, but please lean on God as he has always had a plan, he will never leave you, he is always holding u tight in his hands!! We are all praying for you,trust in him these next months &he will pull u thru the tuff stuff...i'm sure everyday is really tuff for you...but we are all pulling for you.... your faith is as big as the sun & always Bright!!
praying for lots of strength this week!!!
love & hugs,
greg, deb & paige

Deb Fitzwater said...

There are evenings when I know I could drive Miss Carli to school if you need me to. PLEASE do not be afraid to ask me, okay? It would be my pleasure!

Love you all!
Deb