Monday, October 15, 2007

Chemo Week #12

Hard day today. Carli was more negative than she's been, and I think that it's because she wanted to be done by now. She had 6 months stuck in her brain, and now that she's not done yet, it is real disappointing. She is still concerned about long-term effects of the chemo.

She has a CT and Echocardiogram scheduled for the 23rd. Then they will know how much more treatment she needs. If the CT looks good, she will need 2 more "rounds" or 4 treatments. Then she would be done before Christmas--what a great gift that would be!

Tonight she feels worse than usual, and her appetite is nonexistent. She usually can eat a little for dinner, and tonight she couldn't. She just now took some Vicodin and Phenergan and is hoping to get some sleep. She said that it is hard to sleep because her abdomen is bloated and sore, she can't sleep on her back, and she can't stay on her side for long. Makes for restless sleeping. That is my prayer tonight, that she can at least get some restful sleep.

3 comments:

Deb Fitzwater said...

Carli,

I am praying for an extraordinary peaceful sleep for you tonight (Mon). It sounds as if you are miserable in all positions. Jesus is right there, holding your hand, girlie! Squeeze hard if you need to!

Love,
Deb

Deb said...

Carli,

Praying for a better nite's rest & sleep!! May u feel God's love & strength this week! U have so much faith, keep it up, God is always with you!!!

love & hugs,
greg, deb & paige

Mrs. Wolf said...

Hey Carli -
I just know you might smile and feel a little bit of relief when you hear this is from me..and you think of silly things like Drew's video, Charlies angels, King Arthur in Lake Harmony, nerd ropes, yes I have great film to show at your class reunion in a year or so! Please know there are more of us than you know who are praying for you. My cousin got H.L. at the age of 18. He is now a father of 4 and doing fine. Let me know if there is another way to write to you if you prefer(sorry I can't get into the facebook thing - it scares me! ha!) Hope to see you soon as I move back to the Dalton area maybe in the spring! I have missed all of you sooooooooooo much! Love your photos - your smile is as beautiful as ever. Keep the faith!
Love, Mrs. Wolf :)