Saturday, January 5, 2008

You don't realize how dependent you are on a computer until it's down. Ours is being fixed (we hope) and our wireless is not quite working. So, I log on with my work laptop whenever I can get the wireless to work. I am not computer savvy, so these things are beyond me!

Jeremy and Carli moved his things to Canton yesterday. He will be living with a guy that is now single again after losing his wife in a car accident 2 years ago. He is young and Jeremy says that he's real nice. Hopefully this will work out for both of them. Jeremy has an orientation tomorrow and then starts classes next week.

We will be moving Carli to Grove City tomorrow after church. She has everything packed and sitting in the living room. I am having many mixed emotions about her moving back. I am glad that she is moving on with her life, I am glad that we will have our house back again (her "nest" has been put away!), I am glad that she is feeling good enough to go back, I am glad that she seems happy and has more energy...but I am a mom and I worry about her. Her white blood count is very low, and she will have to be very careful especially during this cold and flu season. I am not sure that she understands the importance of staying away from germs right now. She has fortunately been as healthy as possible through this whole ordeal, and I don't want to see her get the typical illnesses that are floating around. Plus, it has been nice to have her around for these past 9 months-I will miss the cheerful greeting that I get when I come home from work! My emotions are on a roller-coaster.....

Kelsie will be home for 2 more weeks, so that will ease us into the empty nest situation. Hopefully I will have some time with her before she returns to school. Please pray for her as she is trying to decide what major to pursue...she is in engineering at the present, but is not sure it is really what she wants to do.

There are many stresses at the Gerber's this time of year..HEALTH, taxes, college payments, other payments....but then I received an email from friends in Kenya, and the situation there is very sad. Tribal wars and violence are taking place in areas that have been relatively calm, and families are being forced from their homes and there is not money to buy food. When I read this, I realize how fortunate we really are. We have a roof over our heads and food on the table. We are able to worship without fear. We have access to health care. And yet we whine and complain.....

So, "let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything that God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision-you'll see it yet!" Philippians 3:155 The Message.

No comments: