Thursday, April 30, 2009

RELIEF...remember the commercial "how do you spell relief"? I spell it "A CT WITHOUT SIGNS OF CANCER"!!!!

Every month without cancer means that she is that much closer to "cure". Even though she will never be totally without concerns, being without active signs of cancer is just such relief. She is 15 months into a 60 month journey to wholeness. As I type this, funeral services for one of our soldiers are being announced on the news. I hope that you all stop and pray for this family and others who are suffering due to the ultimate sacrifice. I can't imagine getting that news...

Carli was fairly nonchalant about the news. She left a message on my cell, which I didn't get because my cell phone went through the wash last weekend! She said that Dr. Stallings was still watching a spot in her chest which he believes is scar tissue on a lymph node. Please pray that he is right!! It is hard to go from mom to bystander...Jeremy went with her today, which he should do, but I am just hoping that they remember to ask the right questions and that they remember what Dr. S. tells them. Am I still a worry wort or what?

She has her last class at Wayne tonight and then finals next week. We are going to see Kelsie this weekend for Parent's Weekend at Grove City. Her sorority is singing in an All College Sing Saturday night which is always very entertaining and fun. Next year she is the leader/director for her sorority in the sing, which should be fun. Tara was the director her senior year, too.

So relieved that the wedding plans can go on...(and on...and on...LOL)

No comments: