Saturday, December 13, 2008

Carli's 23rd birthday




Carli was able to be home d/t her interview at Walsh, and her choice for her birthday dinner was Senor Panchos in Orrville. Lots of food...but she wouldn't let me tell them it was her birthday so as not to be embarrassed by the big hat and all...wellllll, I had to leave early to go to choir and I let the word slip on my way out :) She got the whole works...singing...sombraro...tequilla...too bad I wasn't there with my camera!!

Carli thought that the interview went well...it was with 6 people applying to Walsh's PT program, and then she had a written portion. She might find out by Christmas if she's in.

She has another Chest X-Ray next Thursday. Prayers, please.

The photo of Tara and Kelsie is of Thanksgiving with the wish bone...before they got down and dirty! I think that Tara won...wonder what the wish was???

I had an interesting converstation with a father of a student of mine that has been treated for Hodgkin's in the past. Now she has found a lump...they are very scared but the initial tests look OK. I just happened to be there when he came in for her homework...I felt really good after our conversation...I felt that he needed someone who REALLY understood. He said over and over "NO ONE GETS IT". The sad part is of things kthat people said to him when his daughter was diagnosed...shook him to his foundation, and now he doesn't want anything to do with God. I tried to reassure him that the God that I worship loved him and his daughter, and wanted nothing else but her complete wholeness. I am praying that I have more opportunity to talk to him and just be a sounding board. God put me in his path yesterday (whether he wanted it or not!) and I am praying that I can continue...

Still working on Dad's things...miss him so much...I used to cringe when the phone rang, now I would welcome it. It is the truth that you don't know what you have until it's gone. I just keep holding on to the fact that I will see my mom and dad again in heaven!

Kelsie and Carli have finals and will be done on Tuesday. We are going out to take Carli out to dinner on her final day at GCC. Jane and Craig will meet us for dinner! Should be fun, but I am really going to miss having a "real" graduation to celebrate all of her hard work. She is very ready to be done and move on...she'll be moving home until she gets married...not sure if TEd and I are ready for that :)
This empty nest thing can be pretty good! We are both so busy with meetings and such that we aren't home alone a whole lot...

Please pray for a dear friend of mine, Lois, who is in the hospital after very major surgery...not sure of the details, but she will have a long recovery. Please pray for patience and healing.

For all of you dear ones who still check this blog, please slow down and reflect on your blessings, especially the human ones, this Christmas.

No comments: