Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Final post of 2008


I can't believe that 2008 is over already. Every year brings it's blessings and challenges, and sometimes the blessings are in the challenges! It's a good thing that we aren't in control and that we don't know the future. 2008 started out wonderful with good news with Carli, and ended on a sad note with my Dad's death. The thing that I miss about being young is the innocence and somewhat uncomplicated way of viewing your world. With age comes a much more complicated world, and I don't know how people get through it without faith.

Our holidays were lots of fun and too much food!! My siblings and I went to Dad's on Saturday evening for the final decision making on what to do with things. It went very well, and I am so happy that we had no problems or disagreements. What a God-send! Then I made trips to MCC Connections, Wayne Health and Post Office, etc, moved the final furniture with Todd and Dan's help, and then cleaned a bit. Pulling the door closed for the final time was very hard...another chapter of life is complete. Not finished...as we will meet again in heaven...just complete. One more of God's children home with Him. I can't wait to see both of my parents again. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss my mom...and she died 31 years ago.

We are all in different places for the New Year's celebration. Tara is working, Carli and Jeremy are going to be with friends in Orrville, Kelsie is going to Columbus, and Ted and I are going to PA to be with Jane, Craig, Cindy and Jeff. Guess this is what happens when everyone is an adult!

HAPPY NEW YEAR...may we all strive to live in God's presence and be His ambassadors...Carriers of His light...

No comments: