Monday, December 22, 2008

Our advent services at church have been so meaningful and beautiful. I wish that the whole feeling could last forever. But that is the thing with faith...you can't just stay in the "easy" place...as the commercial used to say, "life comes at you fast". I feel like life is so very "heavy" right now...

I don't know if Lois got to come home from the hospital or not this weekend. Hopefully will find out today. I hate to call as I know how many calls need to be taken during a crisis like this. PLease keep her in your prayers...I just hope that she gets to be home for Christmas.

Carli found out Saturday via email that she did not get into Walsh's PT program. The email said that it is very competitive and that her GPA wasn't high enough. They just don't know what a challenging school GCC is. Now she is frustrated. If she would've gone to a less challenging school she would be better off. When she was at OWU, she had almost a 4.0. Now she has a 3.3 (which is amazing for a Biology major from GCC). Very frustating. I know that she has gotten a great education, but now she feels like it was all for nothing. I told her that when God closes a door, he opens a window...she felt like Walsh was the window!! (the door was getting cancer, I guess). Please pray for her to get some direction as to what to do next. She is on their waiting list...so there still is hope...but she might not find out until March. Makes planning their lives a little more difficult.

Missing my dad...

No comments: