Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ended up having to take Dad to the hospital Thursday night...long night...he fell again Thursday at noon, and was in pain and couldn't stand up or put weight on his legs...needsless to say, I couldn't have gotten him to bed, etc.

They can't find any medical reason for his weakness, so today we will transfer him to Glendora nursing home. This is SOOOO hard. I never imagined my Dad being this weak-your dad was always the strong one. He has been through so much and handles life so gracefully, that it is hard to make him do this when I know he doesn't want to. He told our pastor that he would "go wherever the girls want to put me". We don't want to PUT him anywhere but in his own home.

Haven't heard anything recently from Tara or Lisa.

I did, however, get to spend some time yesterday with Kelsie and Carli and saw their college rooms and met some of their friends. Very fun. I really needed something fun right now, as everything for the past couple of months has been very HEAVY.

On the way home, I was listening to a CD that a friend from church made me when we were going through Carli's chemo. The song by Mark Schultz really gets to me every time I hear it. Part of the chorus is as follows:

Even though I'm walking through the valley of the shadow
I will hold on to the hand of HIM whose love will comfort me,
When all hope is gone and I've been wounded in the battle
His love is all the strength I'll ever need....
He will carry me....He will carry me...

1 comment:

Lois said...

Praying for you and your family. Dads are always the ones taking care of us and reversing the role had to be really painful! Life's transitions.. Take care.
Lois