Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I just got finished blubbering again. The weirdest things will set me off! Susan has been at Dad's organizing his things and had dropped off some things at our house. I am so thankful for her.... Just seeing some of Dad's stuff still makes me cry.
I was thinking yesterday that the greatest things that I learned from Dad were to be content and thankful, no matter what. Then I read a devotional given to me by Chris, a friend from church. The title was "in the Land that is Plentiful". It talked about the Israelites wandering in the desert after being slaves in Egypt. They were on the brink of entering the promised land, after eating manna for forty years. Now they were in Canaan, and God no longer needed to provide manna. They didn't need to rely on Him for food-it was already there. Now they needed change their focus from surviving to overcoming. They needed to overcome their enemies to posses the land, and God would give them the strenth that they needed.

This really hit me...I need to start relying on God to overcome, not just survive. The Israelites wilderness days were behind them, but their reliance days were still with them. "Fortunately, God's name is one we can all rely upon, no matter what circumstance we're facing". (P. 72, Blessed Be Your Name Devotional). I need to keep that in mind when things feel overwhelming.

Carli was just named a "Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities". Only a few get nominated from GCC, so that was exciting! She said that it should make us feel like we didn't waste four years of paying for tuition! She also said that they either like her, or it is to make up for the hassles that she's faced in the past year!!

Tara is liking her job at the James, but is having trouble adjusting to night (graveyard) shift. She usually works 12 hour shifts, and said she feels like she is going to die from about 2-5 am. I remember those days....

Kelsie and Carli will be home next week. It will be so nice to have them here.

No comments: