Sunday, November 9, 2008

Little did I know when I wrote this this morning that I would only see my Dad again for a few short moments. He went home to be with Jesus while on the way to the nursing home. He was talking about the Browns football game with the paramedic, turned his head, and that was it. He really didn't want to be a "burden" and probably knew that he would never leave the nursing home. So, he went the way he would have wanted...quick, and without us there to fuss over him.

We loved him so much, this hurts so badly. I never really got to say goodbye...but take comfort in the fact that he is no longer in pain and is in heaven with my mom and Katie...we found some beautiful letters that he wrote us...we never knew that he could be so eloquent...he really loved us, loved our mom and step-mom, and now he is in heaven.

We will miss him....

HE will carry me....

2 comments:

Tina Pike said...

Dear Beth & family,

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain. Please know we will be praying for you all during the next few days and the upcoming holidays. God bless you and let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We are only a phone call away and would be glad to help. (330) 466-0638. Love and prayers, The Pike's - John, Tina & Katelyn

Lois said...

I was so sorry to read about your dad in the obituary column tonight. I would have been at Aubles but I have a sore throat and decided to keep it to myself. WOW that went fast. What a blessing for him! and how shocking for you. Your family has been and will continue to be in our prayers. Take care.
Lois