Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost over for another year. Carli did not feel well enough to come to our church worship service, but Jeremy brought her for part of the Thanksgiving Sale. It is an amazing time with our church family and guests...time for fellowship and purchasing some unique items brought by members of our church for an auction. The proceeds go to local, national and international missions. We were so surprised when our church decided to make Carli one of the recipients. The love and support from our congregation never lets up! She has been concerned about finances, and wants to be able to continue with missions once she is able. Just another huge blessing. This will allow her a little breathing room when taking care of school expenses. You can imagine how "broke" she really is after 8 plus months with no job and unexpected things that come up. Plus, her tuition will be due soon as well as expensive books...being a biology major is an expensive one as far as textbooks are concerned.

Her appetite wasn't the greatest today (even though Ted's stepmom Lee made an amazing meal). She didn't feel well and slept on the couch most of the afternoon. Tonight she has the bloated and achiness again. But, that is what she has learned to expect at this point after chemo. Each day will get better...

My family is all here on Saturday...she is worried that a lot of noise and commotion bother her. I said that noone will mind if she goes up to her room for some peace and quiet. My brother Gary is coming from Connecticut which will be nice...Sally has to work, though. we'll miss having her here. Hopefully Carli's appetite will be better by then!

She's trying to talk me out of making her get her last round of chemo! I told her I would take her if I had to drag her kicking and screaming. Tonight she made one of the first comments that let me know she is worried about her tests coming up in January. I said that it will be nice to be this time next year when she is fine and back to her "normal" life...and she said "maybe I will be". Please pray for her to perk up a little quicker this time, and give her peace about the next 2 treatments. I think that we all need that peace...the peace that only Jesus can give. Tonight I was watching Gray's Anatomy with the girls and Dr. Bailey said"I'm callin' on Jesus" before a surgery. That's what I need to do often...keep callin' on Jesus.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Carli,

Praying for much strength & love from our loving & faithful Lord!!May u feel better this week & get that wonderful smile back!! God's grace is amazing & is there for us everyday!! Continue to lean on him ... he gets us thru the storm!

love & hugs,
greg, deb & paige