Thursday, November 29, 2007

Team in Training

Hey everyone,

This is Tara trying out the whole blogging thing for the first time! Many of you know that in 2006 I trained and ran in the Columbus Cap City Half-marathon and the San Francisco Nike women's marathon. I trained and participated through an organization called Team in Training. This organization raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society and more than 75% of the money raised goes to the society. All the donations go towards research as well as resources for families. When I origionally participated I had no ties to Leukemia or Lymphoma however I felt that the mission of the society was strong. I still feel that the society has a strong mission only now I have a very strong tie to that mission.

I am training to run the Columbus Cap City Half-Marathon again this April and I am raising money to support the fight against Leukemia and Lymphoma. I will be doing this in honor of my sister as well as others fighting the same battle. I will be training over the next several months as well as raising money for the society. If you would like to help me by donating please visit my website www.active.com/donate/tntcoh/tntcohTAnders1 and donate online. I could also use your prayers and encouragement as running that far is no easy feat (and this time I know just how far I have to run!) I also realize that many of you have been touched by someone with cancer and if you would like me to run in their honor as well please let me know and I will attach a ribbon to my jersey with their name. Your donation is tax deductible and if you would like to know more about the society you can read more at http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org.

Thank you so much and have a great holiday season!
Tara

1 comment:

Deb said...

Tara,

wow, just shows u God is always in control!! Good luck w/your training...know what it takes to run everyday as Rach loved to run..Keep up the dedication!!

love,
deb