Thursday, May 10, 2007


Carli had a rough night and when I called the doc in the morning to check on meds, they had us come in and they gave her fluids, Ativan and Decadron. She was really sick while there, which was hard but good that they could see that she wasn't just whining! In the meantime I picked up more medications...most for the nausea. This is hard for someone who hardly ever took Tylenol for a headache because she didn't like to put drugs in her body! Then before we left they gave her the magic shot (which really stung) that will stimulate her White Blood Cells.

Please pray that this nausea and vomiting subsides. Not only is it so miserable now, it will make her really dread the next treatment. She goes in again on the 23rd.

It is so hard to watch, and the helpless feeling that I have is almost overwhelming. I told her to just imagine that the medicine is attacking all of the cancer cells and they are being killed. This is a spiritual battle in more ways than one, and I don't even know how to pray at times. That is where all of you come in! I appreciate the prayer warriors that are all over the world-keep it up!

3 comments:

Emily B. said...

Mrs. Gerber,
Carli knows I am keeping her in my prayers, but I want you to know that I'm doing the same for you (and Mr. Gerber, Kelsie, and Tara). May God bless you with clear and powerful examples of His love and compassion.
In Him,
Emily (the roommate)

Olive said...

Hi Beth and all the Gerbers. Just know you are in our prayers daily. It is the only way to get through these difficult times. I know Carli has put her treatment not only in the Drs. hands but in Gods. It is the only way you can get through the next few months. I don't know how people get through things like this without faith that the Lord is with them. Olive

Anonymous said...

Carli Beth.....you can do this girl. Stay strong, don't be afraid. This will all be over before you know and you know what....I LOVE YOU!! Praying for you always!!