Friday, May 25, 2007

Not feeling quite as good tonight. Starting to have the achy, bloated, yucky feeling all over. But, she still isn't nauseated, which is great. Her face hurts and feels puffy. Probably the result of steroids? It's hard to know what is causing what, and what to do about it. I've not recently dealt with chemo in my work, so am not really sure what to expect or how to deal with it. This is hard for nurse mom! But, I am finding that cancer has affected so many families...more than I had realized. Ted and I dealt with our mothers, and again with my stepmom, but it seems different with your 21 year old daughter.

Trying to get ready for Kelsie's graduation party. Praying for a sunny day, and great fellowship with friends and family. If Carli is feeling up to it, will be nice for her to see everyone. If she isn't feeling well, she might stay in her room so as not to be overwhelmed.

Read Psalm 77 last night after a message from a friend. It is exactly how we feel at times, yet in vs. 11 it says-"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds". This is what we have to do...meditate on the Lord. He will see us through!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Praying for you to feel better soon, we know God knows & feels all your pain... so many questions we would like to ask him right now, but I know we need to trust in him...can't imagine how hard that is right now for you, but he is always faithful!! hang in there!
love,
greg, deb & paige