Friday, May 11, 2007

rough day

Carli had a rough day today with continuing nausea, achiness, and sore mouth. I went to work to give her some peace and quiet and kept tabs by phone. Tonight she is trying to eat a little dry cereal and some peanut butter. When I can't even entice her with ice cream or sherbet from the DariEtte you know it's bad! It is so frustrating for her mom, the nurse, not to be able to do anything to make her feel better.

The hardest thing is that she is already dreading the next treatment, and I can't say that I blame her. She didn't expect it to be this bad. This is like having a nightmare that won't let you wake up. She is getting encouragement from her friends, especially her sorority, so that helps a lot.

Kelsie came home from Camp Wanake all bubbly and tanned. What a great week they had with the 6th grade outdoor education folks. Tomorrow is her 18th birthday...where did the time go?

We covet your prayers for her to be more comfortable tomorrow...we need to celebrate a birthday!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Praying for a better day tomorrow!!May God give you strength,love & no more nausea!!! God has his arms around you!! I know u are leaning on him daily!!
Love & Hugs

greg, deb & paige

Dave & Gilda said...

Carli,
It is so hard to read your mom's comments. It breaks my heart and I am just your aunt so I can't imagine how tough it is on all of you. I think of you every day and hope God will give you a better day tommorow. Happy Birthday Kelsie.Hope you will all be able to celebrate.
Hang In there
Love,
Gilda

Deb Fitzwater said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Kelsie! How did THAT happen so fast?!? I hope you have a great party, in the midst of Carli's struggle. I know cake would cheer me up ... cake ALWAYS cheers me up! I'll be over! What time's the party? LOL!

Love,
Deb

Laurie, Jake, Kelly, and Kara said...

Happy Birthday Kelsie!! Your prom pictures are beautiful.
Hoping Carli is having a better day and can enjoy some of the party.
Hang in there Beth!!
We are praying for strength, patience and healing for all of you.
Jake, Laurie, Kelly, and Kara